The first event will be on Sunday 6th September 2015 and we’ll be using Penshurst Off-Road Club (PORC) as the venue. PORC is world famous for its DH runs and has had some of the biggest stars in DH racing grace its trails! Never fear we will not be using the DH runs but the XC trails that also run around the site. The venues gives us some good climbs and even better descents so come on and enter what will be a fantastic event!
PORC’s postcode is – TN11 8DU and to give you an idea it’s only a 50 minute drive from Chelmsford.
Elsa Rendall-Todd has become the BMX World Champion for the 5-7 girls category.
Congratulations to her, and all that helped her on her way.
Video of the group practice to appear soon.
Please find the latest road session time trial times
tt times 040715
One of our coaches, Jason Rogers, is riding for team Marie Curie in the Prudential London 100 to raise funds for this fantastic charity.
Good luck to Jason from all of us!
A video from a recent coaching session.
Analysis of Cycling Techniques – Power Assisted Front Wheel Lift
Start in seated position with your weight towards the rear of the saddle
- Apply a powerful pedal stroke with your lead foot, just before the obstacle
- Pull back with your shoulders and lower back
- Keep your arms straight and weight back, pushing your weight through the back of the saddle
- Lift your head as you pull back
- Twist your arms like revving a motorbike for extra pull
- Keep your rear brake covered. If you go too far back, feather the brake to avoid looping-out
Please click below for the latest newsletter
MTB Groups 1 & 2 on their recent off site ride at Ashenbank
Congratulations to Luke Gibson who finished 3rd in the Under 10s MTB race at Bedgbury Pinetum on 27th June.
Newsletter-13th-June-2015 has just been emailed to members. It’s here in case you haven’t received it.